Join our team of dedicated Volunteers!
Volunteering for Special People United to Ride is where people and horses come together to make the magic happen!
Caring, dedicated individuals, ages 14 years and older are needed to assist SPUR lessons. Volunteers participate in the therapeutic horseback riding lessons as leaders and side walkers. Arriving 10 – 15 minutes before the start of a lesson, volunteers groom and prepare the horse. The minimum commitment will be a 1 hour session each week for 8 weeks. Without our volunteers, we would not be able to accomplish what we do.
We are eager for you to join our incredible group of volunteers – here is how to get started:
To get started and to log in:
- LINK TO: Monmouth County Park System Volunteer Application
- You will use your e-mail as your username and you will be asked to create a password (if you haven’t already).
- Create your profile
- Once you have a profile, you must register for SPUR Equestrian Program
- Attend a 4 hour volunteer Training Workshop
- We will contact ypu when we have scheduled our Volunteer Training; please understand that it may be 2 – 3 months before we contact you.
Join the FUN!